Company: Gentiva Health Services
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Tracking Code 69041 Job Description Compassionate care,
uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what our
patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home,
a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading
provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical
home care services. Kindred at Home, and its affiliates,--delivers
compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their
homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal
assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and
palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families. The Branch Director supervises the provision of
therapeutic services provided by the Agency and contributes to the
overall company success by effectively managing the Agency's
clinical operations, services, personnel performance, and office
management on an ongoing basis. Administrative
- Supervise the day-to-day office and clinical operations
(including ensuring daily and weekly tasks are completed even
during staff absences).
- Monitor office staff action screens daily.
- Supervision of overall operations including but not limited to:
- Generate monthly On-call Schedule
- Review of On-call Log
- Review and follow up on complaint forms and all QI reports
- Onsite supervision of RN and PT Case Managers
- Provision of monthly Aide in-services, general staff meetings
and monthly case manager meetings.
- Complete the Weekly Agency Audit Report for the previous Sunday
- Complete weekly chart audit and maintain in appropriate
- Be competent with the State and Federal survey process and
ensure that the agency as a whole and all the agency staff are
prepared for on-site surveys and other external audits.
- Function in the capacity of a staff nurse when necessary.
- Take administrative on-call as a support to the on-call nurse
and to provide software management related to processing intakes,
reviewing evaluation packets, and scheduling, moving, reassigning
visits to ensure the smooth function of the Agency during off
- Review and approve accounts payable and ensure submission to
the home office per protocol.
- Ensure that end of episode billing is completed timely and
outstanding claims are kept to a minimum; goal is10% of revenue or
- Ensure deficiencies related to internal audit findings are
addressed and corrected per action plans.
- Review and approve Non-Visit Activity daily to ensure
timeliness of payroll processing and management of employee
- Participate in the Agency Disaster Planning. Clinical
- Ensure that the client's plan of care is individualized and
appropriate, executed as written and reassessed by the appropriate
health care processional when there is a significant health status
change in the client's condition, at the physician's request and
after hospital discharge. Ensure appropriate documentation is
completed for all patients transferred to an inpatient
- Complete review of evaluation packets, OASIS and 485s. Review
both the data submitted via the Mobile Device and via paper to
ensure accuracy and follow up on any documentation requires
correction. Process the OASIS and 485, verify the correct start of
care date and episode date range in HCHB. Process any unlisted
supplies, medications, activity, functional limitations, allergies,
etc. that appear on the action screen.
- Follow up on OASIS Assessments that cannot be processed due to
Licensed Professional documentation deficiencies.
- Follow up on all referrals, through admission and billing
processes, in which Medicare is not the primary payor.
- Approve all non-admissions prior to the non-admit decision
being made by the office or field staff. Review and process
Non-Admits if a visit is made and the determination is made to pay
the agent. Update the medical record per Non-Admit protocols.
- Hold weekly Case Conferences to discuss client issues.
Determine if clients that are planning for discharge meet the
requirements for Management and Evaluation or any other skills
- Assist and oversee process of internal transfer of clients to a
new branch office.
- Approve weekly schedules and ensure productivity standards are
met for full time employees.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll transmittal.
- May be required to perform patient visits and / or participate
in an on-call rotation. Quality Control
- Review Infection Control reports for all clients. Provides all
follow up related to Infection Control Reports (both client and
employee) and processes these reports in Homecare Homebase.
- Conduct QI functions.
- Review monthly statistics of the Clinical Chart Review, HR and
- Develop and implement approved corrective plans
- ADR and Denial review, preparation and submission per
established protocols Human Resources
- Recruiting, hiring, orienting, and retaining field and office
staff in order to cover referrals and patient visit needs. Conduct
general and job-specific orientation.
- Handle employee counseling and terminations as needed.
- Ensure all changes in employee status are communicated within
three days of change.
- On time completion of 90 day evaluations, annual evaluations,
and counseling sessions. Required Skills
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of professional
nursing and licensed in the state in which he / she currently
practices, or in accordance with the Board of Nursing rules for
Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) for the state in which he/she
- He / She must have a minimum of two years of nursing experience
in the last 36 months and one year of experience in home
- Must have a good understanding of the Federal, State and local
laws / regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a Home
Health agency. Medicare home health experience required
- Must be available at all times during operational hours and
participate in activities with respect to professional
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and automobile
- Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather
- Must be competent with computers
- Must be organized and able to effectively communicate both
orally and in writing.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a
professional and friendly demeanor and be able to function well in
an atmosphere of stress and interruption.
- Must be capable of operating office equipment including
computers, printers and copiers. Job Location Lumberton, North
Carolina, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Gentiva Health Services, Mobile , Branch Director, Executive , Lumberton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!