Director, Revenue Assurance
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Uniti Fiber Holdings is seeking a Director of Revenue Assurance.
The Director, Revenue Assurance position is responsible for
ensuring timely and accurate recognition of revenue, unbilled
accounts receivable and deferred revenue in accordance with GAAP,
while maintaining an effective internal control environment in
accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. This position is also
responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of
billing, accounts receivable and revenue assurance. This role
requires a unique blend of business and technical skills to
effectively produce required results.Essential Duties &
- Manage Revenue Assurance and Accounts Receivable teams to
ensure deadlines are met and provide guidance and employee
development where needed.
- Review contracts in order to determine proper accounting
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with business
leaders throughout the organization.
- Oversee revenue assurance, including compliance with ASC 606
and ASC 842], month-end close, billing, collections, and
- Maintain in-depth understanding of industry trends relative to
revenue assurance practices.
- Promote quality assurance for all processes impacting
- Provide support on an as-needed basis to advise of impacts new
products and contract various terms may have on revenue
- Complete month-end activities, including reviewing/approving
journal entries and reconciliations and analyzing fluctuations in
results within the designated timeline and in accordance with
established SOX controls.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of disclosures to be
included in the Companys filings.
- Provide notes for the monthly reporting package for
distribution to the Uniti Fiber management team.
- Provide documentation requested by internal and external
auditors in a timely manner.
- Work with other Accounting users on complex transactions
requiring further research and documentation for accurate GAAP
- Internal control and policy documentation and review.
- Ad hoc projects and financial analysis to support key business
decisions and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work flexible hours and travel as
needed.Qualifications:Associates seeking to join Uniti are
motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an
ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective
communication skills both written and verbal. The position requires
an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample
self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative
environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds
and the ideal candidate will have:Education and/ or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
- Masters Degree/CPA preferred
- ERP experience required; Oracle Fusion experience
- 7+ years of revenue assurance experience
- 5-7 years of management experience
- Knowledge and prior application experience of ASC 606 and ASC
- Ability to understand complex contracts
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, work both collaboratively
and independently, and manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening
- Positive and approachable attitude, strong work ethic, and
excellent organizational skills neededPhysical Demands:The physical
demands described below are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, bending, and stooping
- Hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary
- Keyboarding, typing
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling
device and/or a paper copyWorking Conditions:
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a stressful environment while
maintaining a positive and pleasant manner with others
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple
tasks in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays,
and weekendsUniti provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Uniti, Mobile , Director, Revenue Assurance, Executive , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!