Continuous Improvement Director
Company: TARCG - The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Grou
Posted on: December 2, 2019
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Director
Location: Mobile, AL
Position: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: Competitive Pay
Our client is a global leader in General Aviation with significant
operations on three continents, a global supply chain, highly
experienced teams, and outstanding MRO capabilities.
Currently recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Director to join
the team in Mobile, AL
The position is responsible for leading Process Improvement and
Continuous Improvement efforts at the site. Work with the plant
management team to ensure that manufacturing practices necessary to
deliver products and services to the marketplace are performed
safely, effectively, efficiently, on-time, to specification and
within quality parameters, and in a cost-effective manner. Leads
the performance of analyses and audits on processes in order to
make a recommendation on items, such as equipment design, safety,
quality, cost, waste reduction, process reliability, efficiency,
and energy reductions. This role will be responsible for the
management of Performance Improvement team members at the assigned
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop site-specific Performance Improvement plan that aligns
with company's strategic plan by studying operational,
technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions;
- Develop, implement, improve, and drive site's production
processes in conjunction with plant operations team.
- Manage the performance of the department's staff through
effective key performance indicators, targets, and goal settings as
appropriate to meet stated objectives.
- Train, develop and evaluate staff. Provides Team with timely
feedback, coaching, mentoring. Take corrective action as necessary
on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure
compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations.
- Work to improve the quality system with other departments that
are establishing and enforcing organizational standards relative to
ISO and AS9100, or alike.
- Comply in accordance with site specific local and national
safety and environmental standards and regulations (such as OSHA,
EPA, ADEM, etc., or alike).
- Evaluate performance and ensure compliance with the established
requirements of the FAA, EASA CAAC, and other regulatory
- Implement and drive change through operating system standards
using lean manufacturing methods and tools.
- Oversee development and implementation of improvements related
to safety, quality, service, and cost (productivity).
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply systematic
- Responsible for loss analysis & OEE improvement plan
development, plan execution leadership and results tracking.
- Lead and support quality improvement projects.
- Lead efforts on scale-up of new products and work on
- Oversee analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Define, scope, and assist Engineering with implementation of
- Oversee process improvement capital projects including design,
planning, organizing, scheduling, control, and integration for on
time and within budget completion.
- Develop and implement capital equipment projects as needed to
support the OEE improvement plans.
- Use Lean, Sign Sigma and Value Stream Improvement tools to
- Manage the facilitation of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) project
management as needed, leveraging the internal Continuous
- Supervise, the mentoring and training of Six Sigma Green Belts
and other members of CI project teams.
- Oversee the Downtime collection system.
- Manage team solving day-to-day operational issues to reach
short-and long-term performance goals.
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes
while minimizing people impact.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of staffing and scrap
standards for new and revised manufacturing process.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills through
leading meetings and preparing written plant communications.
- Responsible for management of rapid changeover activities,
including principles, target setting, and leading successful
efforts reducing changeover time to achieve challenging
- Ensure that team provides weekly, period, and "Year to Date"
reliability and variability downtime analysis support to the
- Manage the collection and analysis of plant performance data to
identify and implement improvements.
- Work closely with the Product Development area to create new
samples and products.
- Communicate and work effectively with a diverse group to
accomplish project and location goals.
- Participate full and integrally in the Safety Process.
- Maintains an understanding of all applicable process
technology, equipment, and control technology. Knowledgeable of
mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Maintain compliance with process safety requirements, such as
Loss Prevention Principles, LOPA, and Mechanical Integrity
- Other duties as assigned and directed.ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND
- Strong, effective and proven leadership and coaching
- Strong ability to develop, build and sustain effective working
relationships amongst teammates.
- Significant management experience in fast-paced manufacturing
- Significant experience working with a unionized workforce.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Interactional experience with supply chain management
(including expediting, lead-time reduction, inventory management,
packaging & shipping).
- Strong knowledge of Production/Operating System Standards and
Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Excellent communication and quick decision-making skills.
- Strong, effective ability to motivate team members.
- Strong ability to drive positive and effective change.
- Experience in implementation of manufacturing functionality of
- Experience in improving applicable quality standards within
- Quality and Project management skills.
- Report writing & presentation skills.
- Computer literacy at an advanced level.
- Fluent in the English language (corporate standard).EDUCATIONAL
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or eight to
10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline preferred
(Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Will consider Six Sigma Green Belt, but Black Belt is
- Previous experience with reliability engineering, process
automation (PLC and/or MOD V), project execution, quality
coordination, process safety, CNC Programming, and LEAN.
- 10+year manufacturing area or plant management experience
- Data analysis skills, including Excel, Minitab, JMP, Pareto
Control Charts, etc.
- Statistical Process Control (SPO)QUALIFICATIONS
- More than 10 years of proven progressive management experience
in a manufacturing environment to the Area or Plant Manager
- Manufacturing experience which includes exposure to HSE,
Quality, Process Improvement, Maintenance and Continuous
Improvement systems and tools.
- Experience supervising people.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders; to work and climb in overhead
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout
- Ability to stoop, bend forward, bend at waist or by bending
legs and spine.
- Ability to work in an environment with intermittent high levels
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of the following software and / or systems. Please circle
the appropriate items.
Design Software: Visio Auto CAD
Inventory Software: MACOLA
Manufacturing Software: CNC Programming; CAPPS; MES; NM-Tacs;
Operating Systems: Windows XP DOS
Presentation Software: Power Point
Project Management Software: MS Project
Spreadsheet Software: Excel Access
Word Processing Software: Word
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 10 years: Manufacturing Plant or Area Manager Experience10
years: Continuous Improvement Expert
- 10 years: Process Improvement ExpertThis vacancy is being
advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are
those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords:Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic,
aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, CAE, B1,
NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, rotary, helicopter, jet2, management,
captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness,
safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft
technician, stores, flight attendant, operations, Qatar, aircraft
fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer,
painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters,
cabin mechanic, director, A&P mechanic, airframe mechanic,
Cessna 441, Cessna Conquest II, Cessna 414, Cessna Chancellor,
Cessna 404, Cessna Titan, Cessna 402, Cessna Titan, Cessna 210,
Cessna 172, Cessna 172RG, Cessna 152, FAA, EASA, Part 145, Manager,
Management, MRO, aviation, aircraft, airline, airplane, aviation
management, TCO, KPI..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: TARCG - The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Grou, Mobile , Continuous Improvement Director, Executive , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!