Senior Transmission Line Project Engineer
Company: Stantec Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Senior Transmission Line Project Engineer - ( 220002JF )
At Stantec, we approach every project we undertake - whether at the
local, regional, or international level - thoughtfully, and execute
it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our
clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their
communities' unique needs. Our experts lead their fields and guide
our work with technical excellence, an innovative spirit, and a
vision for growth. We are a place where you can apply your passion
and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our
clients, our communities, and the Power & Dams industry at
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity
through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances
communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us
to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the
strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized
power group, and work on some of the most challenging and
cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define
microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid
modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in
transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable
energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your
skills and developing your career.
We are currently looking for a Transmission Project Engineer to
support our Wyomissing, PA or Lake Mary, FL or Jacksonville, FL
office, working remotely is also an option. This position is ideal
for an excellent communicator and skilled problem solver, with a
commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client
service and individual excellence are paramount. We offer you the
opportunity to challenge your abilities in a dynamic and
diversified team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
* The successful candidate will use his/her technical abilities to
plan, analyze, and design a variety of transmission line projects
primarily with the utilities and other type of projects with
* In addition, he/she will report directly to a Senior Project
Engineer or Project Manager and will have primarily transmission
line project planning, analysis, and design responsibilities.
* Solid understanding of transmission line project scope &
deliverables. Having the ability to identify scope creep and
provide immediate input and coordinate with Senior Project Engineer
or Project Manager to remedy the situation.
* Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that
the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
* Coordinating with equipment vendors, clients, and the rest of the
* Lead meeting with clients, other stakeholders, and contractors to
review project needs and coordinate field conditions.
* Following the process for obtaining approvals from various
* Researching issues related to transmission line projects that
impact individual projects.
* Writing and editing technical reports and engineering
* Preparing plans, specifications, and design packages for
transmission line projects.
* Producing technical presentations and design drawings.
* Perform detailed studies, review plans, transmission line
modeling and design tasks associated with utilities or other type
of projects, under the supervision of a project manager.
* Support construction projects with field site visits and
construction observation duties, responding to RFIs.
* Act as a liaison between Stantec engineering and construction
* Certify that Stantec Design Practices are followed as they relate
to their Practice/Discipline deliverables, and they act as a focal
point for the Stantec Project Practice/Discipline Team Members.
* Schedule and coordinate peer reviews of said tasks including,
third-party Practice/Discipline quality reviews of
* Support project manager and group manager to prepare proposal
man-hour estimates and technical scopes to support the sales
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal
and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the
ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Candidate must have strong technical writing abilities. Good
command in English is required.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment, to manage
others, their workload, and client expectations.
* Complete skillsets in modeling transmission lines in PLS-CADD,
preparing route alignments, preparing plan and profiles, performing
structural analysis, detailed knowledge of hardware assemblies and
conductors, structure detail drawings and BOMs. Tower design
skillsets is a plus.
* Experienced with the use of software in accordance with
expertise, which may include PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER as well
as LPile, FAD Tools, specialized structural software (ANSYS, LS
DYNA and SAP2000).
* Familiarity and sufficient knowledge in related electrical
studies, such as EMF, fault current, grounding, contaminants study
and clearance analysis for transmission line design.
* Project/design management and team leadership experience.
* Ability to manage and complete deliverables as per project
schedule and within budget for various size of project, from small
& medium sized projects to larger & complex projects.
* Ability to work closely with stakeholders to meet with project
timelines for engineering deliverables
* Ability to understand and apply client specific requirements
(standards & specifications) and applicable codes & regulations
* Requires broad general knowledge of electrical industrial and
utility power projects, including strong familiarity with other
disciplines required for completion of such projects, including
Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Environmental Services, Surveying, and permitting.
* Open mindedness to learn new aspects of transmission line design
or new emerging technology.
* Willingness to mentor and/or conduct on the job training for more
junior engineers to develop project design teams.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil, Structural, Mechanical
or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in transmission line design and
construction experience. (69kV to 765kV). Utility experience and/or
experience in underground transmission line are/is a plus.
* Existing Pennsylvania or Florida professional engineer
registration (P.E.) or ability to obtain within 6 months of
starting work. Puerto Rico licensing is a plus
* Must be willing and able to travel 20% to industrial worksites to
support project work.
* Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
* Must have a valid driver's license
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and
other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the
world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The
experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Other Locations : United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing, United
Job : Electrical Engineer
Organization : BC-1988 Energy-US East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 12, 2022, 6:30:56 AM
Req ID: 220002JF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for future and current employment and
prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Keywords: Stantec Inc., Mobile , Senior Transmission Line Project Engineer, Engineering , Satsuma, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!