PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Pre-Op/PACU)
Company: ANDREWS INSTITUTE ASC LLC
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY:The position of Patient Care Technician
in Pre-Op/PACU serves as both a clerical and direct patient
satisfaction role. The PCT will coordinate and maintain the patient
flow through the preoperative area exhibiting strong verbal and
written communication. They will assist to maintain the surgical
schedule as well as becoming the primary source of patient
information to families and visitors supporting excellence in
service. This position also assists with inputting patient data
into Vision. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with members of the healthcare team to provide an
efficient process through Preoperative, postoperative, and
- Effectively interacts with co-workers to promote and coordinate
- In the preoperative area the facilitator will be responsible
for; organizing the desk, managing all phone calls, communicate
with registration regarding patient arrival, assist with
maintaining the integrity of the medical record, assist with
notification of schedule changes to clinical areas, physicians, and
patients alike, participate in the collection of performance
improvement data, and will enter all appropriate information into
computer information system.
- Demonstrate self-direction, motivation, and professionalism by
identifying areas of needed professional development, participation
in educational activities and staff meetings, and being reliable
and accountable on scheduled work days.
- Promotes a professional work climate encouraging growth,
respect and job satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the use of facility resources, personnel, and
other, in dealing with patient issues.
- Accountable for promoting corporate philosophy of service
excellence demonstrated by effectively, personal, confidentially
relating to patients, their families, visitors, nursing staff, and
members of other departments or disciplines.
- Possesses the ability to collect, assess or retrieve
information reflective of patients' status relative to their age
and appropriately relay that information to waiting responsible
- Responsible for assisting the nursing staff with patient care
and following the established patient care procedures.
- Will comply with the facility dress code, scrubs required and
- Access and print schedule every day.
- Will follow the flow of cases and assist with patients as
- Expected to assist nurses in PACU in collecting information
that may be relayed to families or responsible parties.
- Will provide comfort as needed to patients with collecting
family members, belongings, or providing nutrition.
- Assists patients to the restroom.
- Will be responsible for transporting patients to their vehicles
- Stripping, sanitizing, and re-making beds.
- Placing beds in appropriate bays.
- Assists with data entry and preparing patient charts for the
- Experience in HIPPA and relaying of medical information
- Understanding of healthcare systems and the service provider
- Basic data entry skills using facilities computer system
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate; college preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in clinical clerical role. BENEFITS:
- Health Insurance with FREE Teladoc services
- Dental, Vision, & Supplemental Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time OffCOVID-19:
- All new team members are required to receive the first dose of
the COVID-19 vaccine prior to start working. Newly hired team
members who have only received the first dose of the COVID-19
vaccine prior to starting work MUST agree to receive their second
dose within the clinically recommended time frame after their
employment. The only newly hired team members who are excused from
this requirement are those with an approved religious or medical
exemption and documentation must be provided.
Keywords: ANDREWS INSTITUTE ASC LLC, Mobile , PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Pre-Op/PACU), Engineering , Gulf Breeze, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!