Posted on: November 19, 2021
HOURS: FULL OR PART TIME AVAILABLE 8AM-5PM
LOCATION: CHUNCHULA, ALABAMA
- This document describes the basic functions, reporting
relationships, authority, and responsibilities of the Business
Office Associate for S&S Machine Shop, Inc. - South
(S&S-S). This position handles the exchange of critical
business information and operation of business support systems
between the S&S Business Office and the S&S Machine Shop,
Inc. - South. The Business Office Associate must represent all
aspects of S&S in a professional and confidential manner at all
times. This position helps establish and maintain a positive work
environment and professional interactions with customers and
vendors. This position answers company phones and performs
receptionist activities; provides S&S Business Office support
for data entry; sales activities, new employee processing and
payroll, safety and training, production planning and control, and
general clerical support for the S&S-S location. This Job
Description also provides the performance criteria for the position
and identifies the Job Requirements as required by the American
with Disabilities Act. This may be a part time position.
- This position mainly impacts Company profitability through the
accurate review, coding and data entry to promote timely and
accurate bill paying; gathering and submission of timely
information for accurate invoicing; checking timesheets for
accuracy; support of the sales effort; promoting the business
through customer service; and assisting with other related Business
Office activities. This position provides key support to
management, but is not a management position.
- BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE BUSINESS OFFICE ASSOCIATE
- The person occupying the position of Business Office Associate
is responsible for the following S&S Business Office functions
at assigned location:
- Receptionist functions
- A/P and Purchasing Support
- Payroll Support
- Secretarial and administrative support
- Sales Support
- HR Support
- Production Planning and Control Support
- Safety Program Support
- Training Program Support
- Assists with obtaining and submitting work related information
for the Business Office
- Performs other clerical and administrative support for the
S&S-S Machine Shop and S&S Business Office.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
- The Business Office Associate is selected by the Controller and
reports directly to the Controller. The S&S-S General Manager
will direct work related directly to support of the S&S-S
location and participate in the evaluation of this position.
- It is essential for the incumbent to develop and maintain
effective and positive working relationships with other functional
support positions as designated, although no formal reporting
relationships are expressed.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands of the position are listed in accordance
with the requirements of the ADA as:
- Body Positions
- Standing - Up to one third of the time
- Walking - Up to one third of the time
- Sitting - Two thirds or more of the time
- Talking/Listening - Two thirds or more of the time
- Use of hands - Two thirds or more of the time
- Climb or Balance - Up to one third of the time
- Stoop, Kneel - Up to one third of the time
- Reach with Arms - Up to one third of the time
- Body Movements, lifting and exerting force - Lifting up to
twenty pounds up to 1/3 of the time, handling files
- The Senses necessary for the successful performance of this
position are: Close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus
and exceptional color discrimination, and peripheral vision are
required for computer work and reading numbers off of
- Mental Requirements
- Mathematical abilities at the level required to perform
clerical and basic business math functions are essential to this
position for budgeting, pricing, calculating commissions, and
- Fluency in the English language (read, write, and speak) is
required as the overwhelming majority of customers, vendors,
suppliers, and subordinates communicate only in this language.
- The mechanical ability requirements of this position are
limited to the ability to safely operate office equipment such as
copiers, facsimiles, computer printers, and computers.
- The ability to perceive spatial relationships is a requirement,
especially for filing.
- Reasoning ability ("logic") is required to resolve bookkeeping
and financial problems.
- Educational requirements for this position are:
- Required: High School Graduate or GED with Office
Skills/Accounting training (work experience may be substituted for
- Preferred: Two-Year Associate Degree or more in Business
Administration or Accounting.
- The environmental conditions of the area in which the Business
Office Associate shall perform his/her duties are "normal" business
office conditions (controlled temperature and humidity) with
exposure to a Moderate Noise level as a result of office
- The position must have experience and working knowledge in
using computer software applications of Excel, Word, Outlook, and
accounting software, such as QuickBooks.
- Additional Requirements for this position:
- This position must be able to prioritize work.
- This position must be able to effectively communicate with
customers, vendors, and coworkers at all times in a positive
manner, sometimes in stressful situations.
- This position must maintain confidentiality at all times
regarding employee, customer, company, business decisions, and
- This position must exhibit professionalism at all times when
representing the S&S Business Office and S&S-S as this
position helps set the tone for a positive workplace.
- The Business Office Associate has full operating authority to
fulfill the responsibilities of the position as described in
Section 6.0 of this Operating Procedure.
- The Business Office Associate shall enforce the Company's
established Business Office Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Authority to interact with customers and visitors for phone
work and customer service purposes.
- Authority to interact with vendors regarding purchases for the
- Authority to prepare checks and reimbursements for payment of
approved purchases for the S&S Machine Shop - South Shop. 6
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Understands and demonstrates that: Safety - Quality - Customer
Satisfaction - Productivity and Confidentiality are priorities in
all phases of our work. Maintains cordial and professional client,
community, customer, co-worker, and public relations. RECEPTIONIST
- Responsible for reception activities. Makes sure that
controlled entrances are being actively monitored and that visitors
are greeted and screened properly, and directed to appropriate
- Responsible for the phone system and phone answering function.
Makes sure the phone system is meeting the needs of the business
and that any required repairs are done quickly.
- Answers phone on the first ring, no later than the third ring,
by saying, "Good Morning/Afternoon S&S Machine Shop, __ (NAME)
__ speaking. How may I help you?" Screens calls and handles
questions professionally and refers those beyond knowledge base to
an appropriate company resource.
- Directs phone calls to the correct person, but if they are
unavailable, takes a detailed message and makes sure the message is
delivered promptly and completely.
- Monitors the front door. Identifies those who enter and directs
them appropriately to the proper area.
- Receives FedEx and UPS deliveries, signs for packages and makes
sure they are delivered to the addressee in a timely fashion.
PURCHASING AND A/P SUPPORT
6.8 Maintains office supply inventory. Reorders as needed and
according to Business Office procedures.
- Orders tooling, sanding, and other shop supplies after needs
are identified by Leads. Picks up and delivers shop supplies and
parts as needed.
- Meets reporting and processing requirements for purchasing
according to Business Office procedure(s). Manages PODs as jobs are
delivered. Collects receivers and invoices from the shop, files
documentation alphabetically, forwards necessary information to the
- Each Tuesday, sorts and organizes invoices, then distributes
them for review. After the review, screens and accurately enters
data from the invoices into the accounts payable module of the
accounting system or forwards them to the Business Office for data
- Prepares checks for payment of invoices according to Business
Office procedure(s). Gives checks to General Manager for signature.
Sends payments out as directed.
- Manages petty cash for S&S-S according to Business Office
procedures. Requires invoices for all reimbursements from this
- Assists with maintaining vendor files according to Business
Office procedures. Files unpaid vendor invoices in vendor company
file in the appropriate file cabinet. After payment, receives a
copy of each check cut for that week which is attached with the
original invoice. Refers to the remittance schedule for the list of
total invoices to attach. Files in the accounts payable file,
sorted, alphabetically by vendor...... click apply for full job
Keywords: Kelly, Mobile , RECEPTIONIST, Administration, Clerical , Chunchula, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!