Office Administrative Assistant (Contract)
Company: Airbus Defense and Space
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We
are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace
products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We
aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.A
commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as
Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space
company in Europe and aworldwide leader.Airbus has built on its
strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly
180 locationsand12,000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has
aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe
and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book
increase since 2000.Position Summary:Provide administration support
to Airbus Defense and Space Military employees and vendors, with
priority to HR and Accounting. Must be highly organized and able to
work in a fast paced environment.This assignment is expected to be
approximately 60-90 days in duration.Primary
- Greet customers, vendors to connect them with the appropriate
party and/or escort to service areas within the secure facility.
May call and schedule service & facility maintenance.
- Support employee training records; scheduling training,
recording completed training and filing of records.
- Assist A/P with filing, stamping and mailing of checks and
support statement mailing activities.
- Refresh breakroom and conference room supplies.
- First Aid supply cabinet; inspect and update &/or replace
- May order lunch for company meetings & monthly birthday
- May schedule employee badges with Mobile Airport
- Company events & activities support and organize events,
planning with high attention to detail.
- May prepare onboarding paperwork for new hires.
- Welcome board updated regularly to include customers, special
- Daily mail distribution to employees; open mail if required to
- Good communication skills to work and support the ADSMA team
- Support the HR Manager with other duties as needed.
- May prepare routine letters in MS Word.OTHER
- Exhibit friendly, professional, and helpful spirit toward
customers, vendors, employees and guests.
- Adhere to acceptable professional work standards.
- Observe Company safety procedures and personnel policies.
- Regular attendance required as outlined in company
policy.Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in clerical, administrative
&/or accounting support role.
- MS Office, basic data entry, word processing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge is preferred.Knowledge,
Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy and thoroughness of
- Must be dependable and follows instructions and
- Good organization skills to prioritize and plan work activities
using time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach to
assignments as this position will support various levels within the
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with
co-workers, supervisors, managers and guests.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in
- Must be able to see and hear clearly with or without aids or
- Must be able to walk around, squat, bend and stand
regularly.Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing,
Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent communication skills both written and
spoken.Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel and MS Outlook)
- Travel is not required in this position.Eligibility:
- Authorized to Work in the USNature of Contacts:Involved
Communication on a regular basis with internal and external
partiesThis position is a temporary (contract) position with no
specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed.
Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on
assignment to Airbus in America.Airbus in America provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other
legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements,
Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally
protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus'
employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up
to and including discharge. As a matter of policy, Airbus does not
sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants
with current work authorization will be considered.
Keywords: Airbus Defense and Space, Mobile , Office Administrative Assistant (Contract), Administration, Clerical , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!