Front Desk/Receptionist - Plasma Center
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with
an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of
everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism - Integrity,
Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance - and are united by our mission
to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people
worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our
inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on
people's lives - including your own.
A subsidiary of Takeda, BioLife is an industry leader in operating
high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States.
At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the
quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help
make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home.
Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.
BioLife's employment opportunities are among the best, offering
competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on the job
training, advancement potential AND an environment full of
fast-paced fun all while working to save lives.
Provides receptionist support to the plasma collection center,
under the general direction of the Plasma Center Manager. Primarily
provides customer service and performs administrative duties.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance
with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related
to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper
performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain
complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Administrative functions related to new donors, repeat donors
and SPE only donors that include but are not limited to (60%):
- Verifying appointment times
- Assisting donors with future appointments
- Ensuring repeat donors scan in electronic system
- Creating or pulling donor record files
- Verifying prior donations
- Requesting identification for new donors
- Notifying the appropriate personnel that visitor/donor has
- Contact donors to remind them of physical appointments
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed
- Answers incoming phone calls in a timely manner exhibiting
strong customer service skills. (20%)
- Greets all visitors to the facility including new and repeat
donors in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills
(20%) DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Incumbent should have strong interpersonal skills and be an
excellent communicator who can successfullyJob Description / Role
interact with visitors and customers.
- Requires excellent English language comprehension, both written
- Ability to perform basic functions on a computer; ability to
- Must be able to prioritize work and handle multiple projects
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate rec- ords. Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact
or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player. Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
and Kaizen). Complexity
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Requires occasional leaning, bending, stooping, crouching,
reaching above shoulders and below knees and the ability to walk
and stand for entire work shift. May lift up to 5 lbs.
occasionally. EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records. Experience in
a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Notice to
Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for
vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda's Talent Acquisition
department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted
to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency
Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a
fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully
executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment
agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if
the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates
submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a
fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be
deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may
Equal Employment OpportunityShire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse
workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not
discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age,
sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy,
gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability,
genetic information, veteran status, military service, application
for military service, or membership in any other category protected
under law.EEO is the Law -
is the Law - Supplement -
Transparency Policy -
AccommodationsShire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition
or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application process, or in order to perform the essential
functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: Takeda, Mobile , Front Desk/Receptionist - Plasma Center, Administration, Clerical , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!