Company: Merchants & Marine Bank
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Overview:If you are an independent, serious-thinker type, who is
comfortable with change, and a self-starter, we are looking for
you. We have an Internal Auditor opportunity ready for the right
candidate. Success for this individual would be taking charge of
the bank's internal audit and risk management function and its
continued development. This team member will lead the efforts of
building a sound risk management platform.
Merchants and Marine Bank has been proudly serving the communities
along the Gulf Coast since 1899.
Apply today to put your expertise and skills to work!
Why Work for Us:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401-K Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Term Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Student Loan and Tuition Assistance
Job Summary:The ideal candidate will be versed in internal audit
principles and be developed as the subject matter expert on all
internal audit matters. While internal audit or financial
institution regulatory experience is strongly recommended, a
candidate does not need to have the perfect background in banking
internal audit. We are prepared to invest time, energy, and money
into a person with a solid audit or banking foundation. This leader
will have the backing of Board Audit Committee and the Chief Risk
Officer. In addition, there will be a strong third-party internal
audit partner, offering the candidate many opportunities to enhance
their audit, accounting, and risk management skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete and help manage third-party partner comprehensive
audit exam of branch and administration department procedures
following formal audit guidelines.
- Review and appraise department policies and procedures for
safeguarding the bank's financial assets.
- Evaluate the strength and adequacy of Merchants & Marine Bank's
automated operational systems and ensure mechanisms are sufficient
and provide practical and necessary data.
- Submit written reports of internal audit review, including
findings, analysis, conclusions, and corrective action.
- Participate in continuing education and development of
practical and enhanced internal audit processes for
- Responsible for effective communication with bank Board of
Directors and regulatory authority on audit issues.
- This position will be developed as the subject matter expert on
all internal audit matters.
- Must be able to work with a strong third-party internal audit
- Build a sound internal audit/risk management function for a
growth financial institution.
- Responsible for investigations pertaining to audit issues and
must be able to solve problems.
- Liaison between CRO, Audit Committee and internal audit
- Review and evaluate the work product of Merchants & Marine
third-party internal audit partner as a quality control
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or other subjects
related to Banking.
- 3 years of experience in a bank's risk control function,
auditing, risk management or regulatory oversight.
- Knowledge of Banking Audit standards, regulations, guidelines
and best practices, and familiarity with key banking procedures and
operational processes preferred.
- Must be able to use critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Job requires thorough analysis of information and use of logic
to address complexity of data and information.
- Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people,
build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective
relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations
- Must be honest, have integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills: demonstrating ability to define
problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to
- Ability to analyze and interpret, governmental regulations and
professional financial audit publications.
- Ability to think strategically and systemically.
- Ability to write professional reports and business
- Ability to speak and write clearly to effectively convey
information so that others understand and as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.
- Must have excellent computer and business software skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and
- Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically
break down complex issues, exercising good judgment and
If you meet the qualifications and requirements, copy and paste
this link: into a separate browser to take the quick survey.
For more information, contact .
---This position will remain open until filled.
Keywords: Merchants & Marine Bank, Mobile , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Pascagoula, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!