Posted on: May 16, 2020
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. ("Uniti") is searching for a Senior
Cartographer. The Senior Cartographer position will be responsible
for efficient planning, management, documentation, and accounting
of Uniti Fiber s network within each Network Operating Area (NOA),
and will function within each established NOA, as well as a small
team at Uniti Fiber headquarters. The effective performance of
their job would create both an effective product for the
operational and service delivery arm of the company, the ability to
analyze Big Data collected from within each operating area, as well
as audit quality data for the financial side of the company and
simplified accounting of our assets. Their work product will also
be heavily involved in the financial tracking and forecasting of
our capital spend on major projects by performing functions that do
not yet exist within the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform data gathering and compilation, Geographic Information
Systems (GIS), GPS, mapping, and data analysis using ESRI based
* Develop, build and maintain GIS data resources.
* Produce accurate maps within Google Earth, ArcMap and ArcPRO.
* Perform quality control and quality assurance functions.
* Analyze significant fiber utilization projects and forecast
several months into the future to recognize what routes require
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with
exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask,
attention to detail, and effective communication skills both
written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong
interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a
fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates
with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
Education and/or Experience:
* Associates degree from an accredited institution in CAD/GIS or a
related discipline OR a minimum of five (5) years direct work
experience in CAD/GIS and database management may be considered as
a substitute for a degree.
* Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience required.
* Overall understanding of Geographical Information Systems mapping
techniques, design and PLSS is required.
* Proficiency with ArcGIS, specifically ArcMap and ArcPRO, is
* Experience in coding Python to develop APIs to other systems is
* Experience working with artificial intelligence and location
intelligence systems is preferred.
* Telecom experience is preferred, particularly field experience
working with fiber optic cable splicers to provide accurate
guidance and support in resolving conflicts between field
conditions and errors in documentation. Experience translating real
world fiber splicing into a virtual representation of splicing
layout, as well as analysis of the results, is preferred and will
be a routine job function.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the advanced analytics market and new
technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions
for the business is preferred.
* Familiarity with machine learning concepts such as supervised and
unsupervised learning, training, model selection, and
hyperparameter tuning is preferred.
* Familiarity with machine and deep learning algorithms is
* Familiarity with major AI cloud platforms (especially Azure, AWS,
IBM) is preferred.
* Ability to obtain a sufficient understanding of the outside plant
network to recognize the most effective way to accomplish
augmentation without overcomplicating the outside plant
* Proficient with publishing maps to ArcGIS Online and
* Familiarity with ArcGIS Portal, and managing and maintaining
* Experience in creating/maintaining ESRI story maps is preferred,
and can be expected to be a part of the normal work requirement
* Experience in creating/maintaining ESRI OPS Dashboards is
* Experience with drone mapping systems is a plus
* Experience with GPS Engineering is a plus
* Team management and/or military experience is a plus
* Project management experience is a plus; PMP certification is a
* Must be comfortable with speaking to larger groups, and
interfacing with Federal and State emergency management agencies,
as well as One-Call systems, local locate contractors and in-house
asset protection personnel in maintaining accurate database.
* The position requires intermediate proficiency level in MS Office
applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word,
Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Sitting, standing, and walking.
* Lifting up to 50 pounds several times a day.
* Overhead lifting of over 20 pounds.
* Bending, stooping, climbing ladders and crawling.
* Long hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary.
* Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling
device and/or a paper copy.
Uniti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Uniti, Mobile , Senior Cartographer, Accounting, Auditing , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!